“Outdoor recreation safety and personal preparedness”.
Date: August 30 – September 2, 2019
Contact: Sandra Riches, Executive Director and BC Coordinator, BC AdventureSmart
firstname.lastname@example.org / Cell: 604-671-2241
What can ‘you do’?
Here’s a few action based tasks that will help you and SAR incase of an incident.
- Plan your trip/file a trip plan – SAR will locate you faster, often resulting you being in better condition.
- Check in with ‘yourself’ – are you (and your group, including dogs) physically and mentally capable of this activity?
- Can you spend the night if necessary? – taking essentials + seasonal and sport specific gear is highly recommended.
AdventureSmart increases awareness to help reduce the number and severity of SAR incidents by sharing consistent safety messages and resources pertaining to the three T’s;
Media groups are encouraged to share our consistent messages (see boilerplate media document attached) and contact us for interviews, all of which help increase awareness.
- BC AdventureSmart Instagram
- BC AdventureSmart Twitter
- BC AdventureSmart Facebook
- AdventureSmart website
Thank you, in advance, for your support.
Executive Director & BC Coordinator, BC AdventureSmart